Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
Education / Training
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification/training preferred but not required
No experience required. We are interested in training individuals that want to become caregivers.
The primary duties of the Personal Caregiver:
• Providing wellness and hygiene assistance: bathing, grooming and other personal care services
• Dressing residents in appropriate clothing, undress, and bathe residents
• Passing meal trays and nourishment, and feeding or assisting to feed residents
• Positioning residents for comfort and to prevent skin pressure problems
• Taking and recording vital signs as requested
• Assisting residents to achieve pre- assigned programming goals and to increase their independence
• Participating in maintenance of safe conditions within the facility and other related areas at all times
• Documenting changes of condition on the back of the daily flow sheets
• Learning training and behavior goals and objectives for the residents you are assigned
• Following all operation policies including but not limited to: dress code, attendance, safety, and reporting procedures
• Participating in any and all tasks as directed by your supervisor.
At Arbutus Park Retirement Community you will begin our service with a comprehensive orientation and training program. You will also get to participate in ongoing continuing education and training programs. We routinely modify our programs to keep them current. These programs are accredited and allow you to obtain continuing education credits and maintain your licenses and certifications. We know how important education is and we want you to grow professionally!
Arbutus Park Retirement Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)