Our Story & Mission
The mission of Arbutus Park Retirement Community is to provide quality care and services nurturing the mind, body and spirit of adults in the Laurel Highlands while remaining an independent, non-profit, and faith based organization.
A 15-acre tree farm owned by the Blough family was sold to the Conemaugh Valley Ministerial Assoication (CVMA) in 1904.
In the 1960’s the Western PA Conference of the United Methodist Church became owners of the property. In 1972 ground was broken for phase one of Arbutus Park Manor, a continuing care retirement community.
Arbutus Park Manor opened on June 10, 1973.
Today, Arbutus Park Retirement Community has over 45 acres of ground with a central nursing facility and over 80 independent residences.