Dear Friends and Family of Arbutus Park,
In regards to COVID-19, we continue to be proactive for the health and safety of our residents and staff, while closely monitoring communications from the PA Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control. Effective 3-13 at noon and until further notice, we are prohibiting manor visitation. We have also cancelled gatherings and events until further notice. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your support and understanding. Stay tuned to our facebook and website for additional updates.
The purpose of this message is to provide you with the necessary steps we are taking in an effort to prevent the spread of any infectious disease, including COVID-19, to our residents and our employees. We continue to be proactive for the health and safety of our residents, while closely monitoring communications from the PA Department of Health and CDC.
Effective 3/13/2020 at 12:00 PM ET we will be prohibiting visitors from coming into the manor. The only visitors that will be allowed into the building will be pre-approved visitors by Dr. Bencie and/or Brooke Patterson for extenuating circumstances (i.e. dealing with a loved one at end of life). A sticker will be given to those who are approved so that they are clearly identifiable for employees.
During this time, all employees will be required to enter the workplace through the main entrance (Sun Porch) where they will be screened prior to being allowed to enter the workplace. Please be prepared to present your badge to the employee who is working the main entrance. We will have a staff member at the main entrance door to screen employees daily from:
• 4:30-10:30 AM ET
• 1:30-3:30 PM ET
• 9:45-10:30 PM ET
In the event you are entering the building outside of that time, please follow the instructions on the main door to alert someone of your presence so that you can be appropriately screened.
We respectably ask employees to stay in the building during their break and lunch period during this time however if you need to leave the building please notify your supervisor and you will be required to be re-screened upon entry back into the building through the main entrance.
The screening process will prohibit any employee into the building who has a temperature equal to or higher than 100.4 degrees. In the absence of a temperature, if an employee is exhibiting multiple symptoms such as cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath they will be asked to return home. Individuals who have traveled internationally within the past 14 days will also be asked to return home.
Important reminders about this temporary change:
• All side doors will be locked and will not allow entry into the building at this time.
• Please do not use objects to prop doors open or allow access through a side entrance to any unauthorized visitor or employee.
• Delivery people, vendors, and other visitors will not be allowed access to the building.
• In the event you are taking a smoke break, please make sure to carry your badge with you as it will be needed to swipe back into the building.
• Please remember to take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and our residents including washing your hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, and cleaning frequently used surfaces with disinfectant.
• If you are sick, stay home until you feel better!